Sunday, January 25, 2015

SUNDAY JANUARY 25 2015

 So I've been getting really frustrated over my project recently. It seems like no matter how hard I try nothing I attempt to make turns out how I want it to. But I read something by this woman called Tammy Powley, that said, "You need to understand the materials you use and how they work on the wearer before you can successfully design jewelry.Many times, I have what I think is a great idea, but when I sit down to make the jewelry piece, it doesn't always turn out like I think it will. Through trial and error and past experience, it becomes easier and easier for me, but still, I had to learn how to work with metal, gemstones, glass, fiber, and other materials before I got to this point." This made me realize that it's not going to be as easy as I thought. I can't just expect everything I attempt to create to turn out like designer jewelry; I have to work at it. It's about trial and error. I'm not going to be instantly amazing, it's something I'm going to have to work at.On a different note, now that I'm starting the actual production process, I'm going to need some tools. Amazon, the place for all your needs, has some metal saws and clamps that I have my eye on and can't wait to use. I also want to learn how to solder stuff. I think I can get my dad to teach me that. He's pretty handy at those kinds of things.

1 comment:

  1. Realizing that it is not going to be easy is important step. Keep working hard and I can't wait to see some jewelry in person.

    ReplyDelete